Sunday, November 4, 2007

Le Petit Chef

Ben LOVES to bake. Really, to help me with anything I am cooking. I try to let both of my kids help with as much of the work as they can (except working with the stove) because I think it builds their confidence, helps them with their math (counting measurements, etc.) and the sooner they can take the task over for me the better! I've been doing family cooking for about 30 years and to be honest, I'm pretty sick of it. I also started doing the family grocery shopping when I got my license at 16 years old. I figured if I was doing the cooking, I might as well do the shopping too. That way I could make sure I had what I needed on hand. My mom was working full time, and it made perfect sense. I'm sure she was glad to have one less chore to do. My brother always came with me and made fun out of it.

As I'm making this blog entry my husband is at the market with both kids doing the grocery shopping. Thank goodness he doesn't mind it too much because I've been avoiding it at all costs lately, even using online shopping w/ grocery delivery services!

3 comments:

lady doctor said...

Your children are so beautiful! I am originally from Worcester and was so pleased to see the sign from Webster lake (not enough time to type the whole thing). My husband and I are almost finished with our dossier to adopt a child from Vietnam. How did you find the experience?

-Beth Starr Lovell, Collingswood, NJ

lady doctor said...

Your children are so beautiful! I am originally from Worcester and was so pleased to see the sign from Webster lake (not enough time to type the whole thing). My husband and I are almost finished with our dossier to adopt a child from Vietnam. How did you find the experience?

-Beth Starr Lovell, Collingswood, NJ

Robin Brodeur said...

My world has completely changed. I fell in love with Vietnam and her people. It has been an amazing journey. Check out www.groups.yahoo.com/group/a-parents-vietnam and www.geocities.com/abbybrodeur for more information. Let me know if you want more information, I'd love to talk!