Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summertime, Summertime, Sum-Sum-Summertime

I love this time of year, especially poolside. It seems as if time stands still. Hot summer afternoons, the humidity, the cicadas, hot dogs on the grill. My kids have both learned to swim.

I've been working from home a lot. I take my laptop outside to the picnic table and log in to the shop's computer. It takes longer to get stuff done but it's harder to keep the kids occupied in a little office with me if I take them to the shop. Cramped, hot (no air conditioning) and trying to talk business with a television and kids in the background is not too professional. And there's only so much dusting I can get them to do in the showroom area. You know they like to swiffer but a dusty rag only holds so much fascination for a 5 and 7 year old.

0 comments: